There’s a reason why opposites attract
With so many trends and home decor styles to choose from, it can be hard to pick just one for a room. One of the biggest challenges when it comes to decorating or redecorating is deciding on a color scheme.
There’s no need to choose between adding lights or darks to a room because they work nicely together. We’ll show you easy ways to mix these two hues to add chicness and uniqueness to your room.
For starters, let’s talk neutrals. Take our Windville Queen Upholstered bed for example. Its chic and textural design is easy on the eyes and still so trendy. The hardwood floors and wooden textural wall stickers complement the neutral bed wonderfully. Don’t forget to add some “love” (AKA our absolutely adorable throw pillows).
The Living Room
The living room is a destination place for many families and their friends. Here are some examples of how you can add lights and darks into your living room area even without purchasing full furniture sets.
The gray Chamberly 3-piece sectional is an easy neutral to accessorize.
- Layer in a snuggly throw blanket
- Bring in the artwork – these can certainly add brightness to a room. Check out those frames!
- Keep it light on the coffee table. Choose a white or tan coffee table and keep it clutter free.
Mix it all up:
When it comes to choosing colors, go for opposite ends of the color spectrum. Sometimes the more variety the better the style. Not sure where to start? We’ve got you covered.
- Pick your colors – we love gray and cream.
- Pick 4 furniture pieces – Sofa, love seat, coffee table and area rug.
- Evenly distribute the colors – sofa + coffee table = gray and Loveseat + area rug = cream.
- Put it all together and add some decor – flowers, lamps and wall decor.
The end result will look something like this:
It’s All About Navy
We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again, navy really is the new black, only better. It isn’t as dark and dull as black and with the right guidance you can mix this color into any room. It also goes great with white and green. Whether you want a coastal feel or an earthy setting, navy blue will get you there.
- Add a navy blue accent chair to make a statement
- A little goes a long way – just add some pillows and a throw
- Pick your greenery – you can never go wrong with succulents
Yellow? Yes, yellow
When we say light colors we also mean bright colors. What’s a happier color than yellow? We believe this color is statement worthy, as long as you use it right. Too much yellow can be overwhelming but adding a little here and there will make your room more welcoming.
- Plush pillows will do the trick
- Yellow ottomans? Yes, they exist and we love it!
- Accent chairs definitely accentuate this summer loving look.
Check out these awesome light and dark picks.
When choosing furniture for your home, don’t stress. There are endless possibilities with light and dark colors, and if you can’t choose one, choose both. We want to know how you add these colors into your home. Share your photos with us using the hashtag #MyAshleyHome to be featured.