Every kid is different—and it can be a challenge to choose décor that matches your child’s unique style and tastes. Here a few tips to help you create a kids’ bedroom your son or daughter will love.
Choose Colorful Accessories
- Colored wall decals in a variety of sizes.
- A round accent chair in a fun color. Fuzzy fabrics are also great.
- A drum-shaped lamp with a playful pattern set against white.
- Multi-colored bed linens or curtains.
Design Ideas for Kids Who Love Superheroes
Dark colors, sleek shapes and metallic materials inspired by superhero costumes make for cool kids’ bedroom décor. Be sure to include:
- Bookshelves for comic book collections.
- Posters or life-sized cut-outs of favorite superheroes.
- Framed comic books. They serve as art and pure inspiration.
- Superhero-themed bed linens or linens in bold colors.
A sports theme tends to be a first round pick for kids’ bedrooms; it’s also one that’s easy to tackle. Shoot for plenty of warm, burnished materials as they conjure up images of ballparks, trophy cases and well-worn baseball gloves. Other great ideas include:
Sporty borders and stencils.
- Posters of sports heroes or life-sized cut-outs.
- Sports-themed art in grainy wood frames.
- A media chest or game station to let them play sports games…or watch the action live on TV!
Design Ideas for Kids Who Love Princesses
- Bookshelves to store storybook collection.
- Princess-themed linens or linens in pretty pastels.
- Jeweled accessories. Think bejeweled lamps, frames, mirrors, etc.
- A large dresser or other storage unit. Great for holding every-day wear and dress-up clothes.